PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese looking for flight school in BC
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2019, 09:16
Female Capi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Thank you for your queries I will try to answer them to my best ability

Ilyushin76 Best approach is to contact your schools of interest directly. I did exactly that ((Langley) and they gave some affordable suggestions and a list of websites that aided in my search. Whichever school you choose, get as much info as you can. A good school will offer a variety of options if they don't have one in place already. As for commuting there public transit/regular bus routes in the Langley area, which I assume is affordable you can get more info from Wikitravel (there many links as well on Langley area)

jacarandaa There some Pros and Cons for RPP license as compared to PPL license however this decision depends on you and what your plans are in the aviation industry. "By far the least popular of all of the pilot certificates is recreational. It is a less intense version of the private certificate". In my opinion PPL (with endorsed ratings) is a better approach, RPP is restrictive (cannot fly at night, permitted to fly ultra-light aircraft, cannot fly outside domestic airspace etc). If you plan is to relocate to Canada then it applies, if it's not a future plan after your training then it'll cost you more to convert to a license that will allow you to fly high performance A/C and outside of Canada. You can get more info online about RPP license before making a commitment.
You can speak to your school of choice about the different financial aid available to international students or explore the available scholarships online (despite them being competitive and limited) its worth a shot. Get the most you can from you training without having to increase your budget.

Happy Landings