PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATLANTA: Looking for a BFR in the area
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2019, 01:57
zambuka42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTCTerry
Brian,

Around Atlanta you can find dozens of places to fly. Many of them are probably pretty busy. I wouldn't wait too long to set something up. If you head out of town a bit you'll find the prices cheaper. I'd stay away from PDK unless you want to pay for a lot of taxi time!

I assume you are no longer instrument current as well. You might want to find a CFII and suggest "let's do some IFR refresher training flights together with the goal of completing an instrument proficiency check and Flight Review* along the way." Maybe even a 50nm night cross country...

You'll need to make it somewhat worthwhile for the instructor and show your competence.

Budget - $200/hour flying and $60/hour ground - I'd bet three of each.

*Putting my pedantic hat on, the term "Biennial Flight Review/BFR" has been deprecated since 1997. The FAA, in writing, prefers the term Flight Review...

Good luck!

Terry
Ha, showing how long since I've flown inside the US. Thanks for the info.. I was imagining that I would need to find an independant CFI with access to a plane.. but I'll try some of the non-pdk flight schools. Appreciate it!