PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 5th Mar 2019, 23:25
VerdunLuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShropshirePilot
Good Business Sense how do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm reading that AOC is the way to go but that the cost prohibitive nature of operating under them is the issue? Maybe you're seeing things I'm not....
The cost of the AOC is the cost of putting in place safe flying practice, of doing things properly.

I have read a lot here about a new CPL IR being no better under IFR than someone who has done 3700 hours of para dropping or glider towing which is clear nonsense. I did a lot of glider towing, but it was the CPL IR course that taught me how to manage a flight under the exact circumstances of the one about which we speak.

A further thought about pilots possessing an instrument rating. Not only have they received the training, but they have passed the test. Not everyone gets that far and some never reach the standard. In that way the IR is also a filter that stops those who do not have the natural ability to ever fly an aircraft in instrument conditions and points them towards a different path.