PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 5th Mar 2019, 16:02
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Luc Lion
MelEagerToo,
I had mixed experiences with KFC-150.
Some worked real fine for flying heading or route, keeping altitude or making initial descent.
I remember also KFC-150 that fly a heading with a 12° error or a route with constant wobbling from -5° left to +5° right and which accept descent rates of -200 ft/min but jump to -800 fpm if I make any increment to the descent rate.
I never trusted this AP enough to use it elsewhere than cruise or initial descent, usually in heading/alt mode.

To all the contributors who investigate a complex chain of events involving the autopilot and airframe icing, I don't think all of this is necessary to explain this LOC-I accident. I wouldn't be surprised if the final report states that the airplane was perfectly fine until it hit the sea.
The net result of this accident was total lack of captaincy skills.

There is a lot more to just flying an aircraft or indeed being in charge of a boat or bus.

Responsibility is a word that springs to mind.

Thinking about the innocent lives that step in to your aircraft and place their future in your skills?