PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 5th Mar 2019, 14:07
Professional Amateur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotchute
Amatuer,
Do you mean FAA PPL based on a foreign licence? Your CPL will get you a FAA PPL but to exercise the privileges of the PPL you must have both medical and BFR current. As you dont need a CASA class 1 for a PPL you should be fine. If you are planning on joining a US regional you will have to get an FAA class 1 anyway. Dont bother getting your FAA PPL based on Oz licence. You can just do the FAA ATP checkride without it.
No plan to get a PPL. This is purely to jump through the FAA/CASA hoops of getting that validity letter from CASA to the FAA. I read somewhere in this thread that you need the CASA CL1 med valid for the letter to be sent to the FAA...but then the thread drifted and it never really got answered. I just want to know if you need a valid CL1 CASA medical to get that letter...... Im in Canada now so don't really want to go back to Aus for a medical. (current Canadian CL1 Med).

Same same with MECIR (that needs an IPC by end of june) I read that it can 'lapse' and then the FAA ATP check ride with re validate it.