PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway works in progress, suddenly an aircraft approaches ...
Old 5th Mar 2019, 13:29
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sixchannel, you could say the same for many accidents that have been filmed just at the appropriate moment! My take is that the person filming was not intending to film what eventually occurred but simply an aircraft landing. The filming starts when the aircraft is still quite some way out. If it was a simple CGI spoof there would have been no need to start the sequence so soon. As for the workmens' reactions, I think they were caught up in a WTF moment probably not believing what they were seeing. South Americans are not known for being expeditious in their movements either! Again, if a CGI spoof, there was no need to continue the sequence and the landing. As for the flag, there's obviously quite a stiff wind blowing down the runway and the engines will be close to or at idle. I think the wind would win it! I have always identified CGI when I've seen it and if this is CGI then I can only say that it is of the very highest quality, even better than Hollywood can manage.