PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Security Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2019, 08:38
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More interestingly, we seem to have a number of economic genius posting on this thread... What is this huge contraction in the industry we will see in the next 18 months? Or this nailed on recession?? Apart from the fall out of Brexit? Which, if doesn’t end with a cliff edge Brexit, where will it leave our UK industry?? Contraction, or major exapnasion plans? Truth is none of us know! Pundits have been predicting the next credit crisis for over four years now, I’m not criticising as I am genuinely interested how we know this ticking time bomb is about to explode ( excluding Brexit).

Could it not be the industry is already going through a natural correction? Monarch, Norwegian, Primera, Wow, Air Berlin & Flybmi.. question is, I guess, will other Airlines expand rapidly to fill perceived voids???

At BA the head honcho’s are curbing expansion thoughts until a big event on March the 29th. With that said they are projecting increasing profits over the next two years, circa €2.1 billion..... Maybe their analysts need to look at this thread!