PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 4th Mar 2019, 18:12
Pilot.21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL’s RECENT EXPERIENCE of completing them in 6-8 months via Dist Learning.

Posted this yesterday: was moved to the backend one of the stickies page 46!! Much of the information is about 9 years old or further back. As atpls have undergone changes I Wanted it as a stand alone question anyway I digress. So distant learners are YOU THERE??

Hi fellow Ppruners; I have a few questions regarding atpls directed at the distance learners amongst the community.

those of you that are doing it distant learning; is there anybody who is comleteing the course within 6-8 months? (in the UK) I would like to hear from you!!
As the main atpl providers are quoting 10 to 18 months. ( that is average 15 hours a week for 3 months minimum )I understand that most people will have commitments outside aviation and try to fit it around work etc.

Also the new style of questions are now a completely different animal to previous years and thus questions are not so predictable; thus students now have to think more and rely on their own knowledge; which must be up to scratch come exam time.

Is anybody studying the distance learning but full time from home i.e. putting in about 30 hours a week of self study?? does your school allow for this or is their course structured so it is all metered out and they can control how long a student has to study before a revision week.

it seem to me that unless you can do a residential course for 6 months you are stuck with the long and protracted distance learning time frame anyone with recent experience contrary to this?

I would be a mature student and would like to get through them as quickly as possible but also understand that they are not to be underestimated in effort and volume of information.

I look forward to you replies

many thanks

Last edited by Pilot.21; 5th Mar 2019 at 10:18. Reason: Clearer title