PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From low cost airline to executive aviation
Old 4th Mar 2019, 13:38
a-ricky-town

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I love Europe so moving to another continent is not on my agenda. Regarding the Command I am not in any rush neither here with the A320 nor if I went to Executive aviation unless the environment in that segment wasn't as good as it is with my current orange employer, in which case I would be more prone to move quickly to the left seat.

In all these weeks I have been reading and gathering info about this market but most importantly I have been fine tuning my motivations and I can clearly say now that what I am looking for is just "more fun", excitement, variety, "hands on" operation, closer contact to customers, more of a pilot and less of a number, etc....The A320 pays the bills but honestly I can't see myself doing that until retirement. I find no excitement in the way I fly now so sooner or later I will make some sort of "move".

For the time being I will stay here, will save some money and consolidate my financial situation, maybe get myself a small jet type rating, I totally LOVE the Pilatus PC24 and its amazing versatility, and in the future either I request unpaid leave or look for a way to get closer to bizav. All this with the utmost respect for the fellow pilots already in this segment and my commitment to make sure that my entry into this field does not harm nor promotes the devaluation of the T&Cs of this business.

Thanks again everyone for your valuable contribution to this thread

FCC