PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 10:38
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
I am pondering the notion a Brit can inform either Americans, Australians, or South Africans about how to do outdoor cooking.
Not forgetting the Zimbabweans, they can do a good barbeque (when the wuckfits now running the country allow any food to be in the stores ......). And just for clarity, South Africa and Zimbabwe (the former Rhodesia) are not the same country, though I am still encountering folk who think one is a province of the other.

Originally Posted by SASless
The one thing my countrymen need educating upon is Beer! I am trying to pass some of that along based upon my first hand study while living in the UK.
I agree. Though in terms of variety, things certainly have improved in North America in the last 20 or so years. But why, oh why, do the micro brewery outlets insist on making the vast majority of their beers so damn alcoholically strong? I still travel regularly to cities all over North America and it annoys that often the more interesting flavoured beverages come with ABV (alcohol by volume) content that closely approaches that of wine, for Heaven's sake! How can anyone enjoy a couple of pints of 'wine' without falling over, and then having to give serious thought to whether one could end up unfit to operate the aircraft home the next day?

Originally Posted by langleybaston
The ENGLISH weather being such, a BBQ is often a last minute decision, and squeezed in between monsoons.
Got something against the English, have we? Because the weather in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales is always just so peachy?