PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Industrial Action
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 01:53
MonsterC01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillieTheWimp
Ummm...In the past 5 years alone Virgin has lost 1 billion. Since it's ASX IPO in 2003 share price has gone from upwards of $2 to now being worth $0.20. Shareholders receiving perhaps a handful of dividends since its listing. Debt/equity ratio well in excess of 200%.

Tiger is without a doubt a total cluster f@#k but don't kid yourself about Virgin being successful.

Actually if we’re going to get specific the Virgin Blue / Virgin Australia 737 operation has always made money. The B737 has always been an accountants aircraft. And the VO, VB, VU aircraft which have been the backbone of the Virgin fleet for the last 15 years have always been the most reliable. In fact I think the most issues I have now days would be with the newer SFP 737’s. If you don’t stuff around with them cutting holes in the roof and adding wifi/electric everything to them their dispatch reliability is something like 99%.

Thats why I have to laugh when good old Merrin starts mouthing off about wanting the newer ones course they’re more reliable. I suppose this is the aviation guru that told a meeting of VARA management when they were meeting to discuss what to do with the aging Fokker fleet to,”just go and buy more of them”. Who says you need experience in aviation to run an airline! ��

The only danger facing Tiger if they get the dirt cheap leases on the older B737’s is that they might actually make a profit.