PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Report
Thread: Avalon Report
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2019, 01:06
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went yesterday. Flight into YAVE was straightforward. Seemed as though not many took the opportunity to fly in though. Not sure if it was the hot weather, threat of ramp checks or the appalling condition of YAVE surface that kept people away! The commercial guys seemed pretty busy flying people in and out. Crowd was huge as usual despite the heat. Very glad to be flying out at the end of the day looking at the massive queue of cars trying to get out of the place. There would have been people still barely out of the car park by the time we were back home washing the dust down with a cold one.

As others have said, volunteers did a fantastic job in pretty trying conditions over the public days. Airshow itself was ok. There were a few flat spots where not much was happening, and there wasn't much I hadn't seen before but all in all it was worth going. I put Sunfish's concerns behind me and soaked up the raw power and aerodynamic capability of the military jets. Never gets old for me. I must admit I actually missed the completely over the top American commentary you normally get on the F22 display (had an aussie substitute).

Just back on YAVE - any danger someone could run a grader over the surface at some stage prior to the next one..?? Thought the undercarriage was going to give way taking off out of the place..! No sign of any ramp checks yesterday. Maybe the lack of numbers made it not worth turning up.

Last edited by IFEZ; 4th Mar 2019 at 01:10. Reason: Minor changes