PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AC or CX
Thread: AC or CX
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 06:57
Kitsune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unitedabx
It was a genuine conversation between a recently retired pilot ( me ) and someone who has been in CX for 8 years. I was totally baffled at how blind he was to the pro's and con's of working in Cx and Hong Kong. He seemed oblivious to the opportunities elsewhere and sadly seemed to place little value on his familys health and welfare. He had applied to AC because his father works there, so presumably he knows about AC but this foolish "CX pays better" bull**** had me stumped. I had to hold back from saying "it will mean nothing when your divorce papers come thru" but that is not my place. He left with his blinkers firmly in place. Poor bugger.
He was only repeating the mantra that the more senior members of the flight deck crew have been saying for years... “I can’t leave because I’d lose my seniority”... which equates to money. Much as I detest the way CX is being managed, the choice as to whether to live in one of the most polluted places on Earth is the individuals. For every Trafalgar there’s another who won’t give up the 4 bars and the dosh, sacrificing his own and his family’s health and well-being on the altar of seniority...