PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying N-registered plane on FAA PPL in Spain
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 03:48
RyanBliss16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying N-registered plane on FAA PPL in Spain

I currently live in the U.S. and I have a Private Pilot License. My wife and I will be relocating to Spain later this year. From what I understand, I can fly N-registered aircraft (U.S. registered) in Spain using my ICAO FAA Private Pilot Certificate.

I was planning to purchase a small aircraft, probably a Light Sport Aircraft, once we move to Spain, and to then register it with the FAA and fly it in a Spain using my FAA issued ICAO PPL. Based on the research that I’ve done so far this seems to be a feasible plan. Has anyone heard of other American pilots doing something similar in Spain, or in other European countries?

Is this is a feasible plan? How does the cost of flying in Spain compare to the U.S. (fuel, maintenance, repairs, inspections, hangar costs, etc.)? Are there any major hurdles to flying in Spain? I would very much appreciate any general advice on this topic. Thanks in advance for your insight and knowledge on this topic.

-Ryan