PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - daisy chained routers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 20:47
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
daisy chained routers

I run a modem/wireless router connected to our incoming copper phone line but found that the wireless coverage out to my workshop in an outbuilding was poor. So I added a 10 metre ethernet cable to a second wireless router at the other end of the building, conveniently in our bedroom so that I have a point close to the bedroom telly which I can plug a freeview recorder into. Unfortunately the freeview recorder cannot "see" an intenet connection from this second router. Every thing else connects to the internet through the second router if cable connected or by wireless if it is the strongest signal seen by the device. This includes a VOIP telephone plugged in, a laptop PC works both plugged and wirelessly, both of our old and new mobile phones connect wirelessly and a tablet connects wirelessly. If I take the freeview recorder to the front door and plug it into the first router it sees the internet and does what it needs to do. I have tried the ethernet cable and it works as expected with other things.

Why does it not connect when the internet is through two routers? What can I do to get the freeview box to connect when in the bedroom?

Please

Rans6...............