PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:42
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazza_fly
Yes. It's been said that's the plan, though nowhere has anything still been made official as to the actual name or brand yet. So there's no reason not to have a discussion how its not the best idea regardless. I presume they'll be wanting to avoid brand confusion for the summer period.

That in mind, the winter 19/20 schedule was set to be released in the next couple of weeks. I wonder if that will still go ahead anytime soon? Whether the new owners have had chance to be working on it in the background or if extensive work is still to be taken place before it is now released. March 11th was rumoured to be the next milestone in the developments...
I'd have thought that they'd leave winter 19/20 as planned by flybe before and concentrate on rolling out the Virgin brand for summer 2020. I've no doubt they'll have a lot of airports knocking on their doors as well as their own plans to consider. What will be interesting to see is if the Virgin branded ops will be sold via Flybe.com or if more like a franchise be sold through Virgin's website.