PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any advice for foreign student pilot?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 09:57
acidrain1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the information, bafanguy.

Well, when I just graduated high school in Michigan, my parents did not want to give me support for the flight school. So I decided to let Government pay for it; I tried to apply for the Air force Academy. My father intercepted the application, and shredded it.

After I went to college (Like typical Asian kids, I went to major what my parents told me to), my father had to stop his business. As an international student, there was no way that I could keep paying the tuition. I came back to Korea for the mandatory military service. I ended up in the Army ranger regiment. I really didn't like it. I was so far away from the daily work out and physical challenge. However I really liked it when I get to sit in the helicopter (black hawk and Huey). I really liked the flight itself. I really enjoyed "tactical maneuver".

After I finished my service, I went to med school in Korea. It was tough time, because I had to make my own living. But I am kinda proud of myself that I was able to achieve what I have now without help from my parents. I worked as English tutor and construction site worker.

Now I have a job in the local clinic. I am happy, because now I have an ability to afford my flight school! Also, I am financially independent from my parents.

Even if I could not get a job in the US airline, I hope there is a way to get a job as a professional pilot somewhere in the world.