PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AC or CX
Thread: AC or CX
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 04:33
Flex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a disease

Originally Posted by unitedabx
Some excellent advice being given here but I recently had a beer with a young Canadian FO and I asked him why he was remaining in CX when he had an offer from AC ? The pay is better was his answer. Over a few more beers he described how he had just returned fro 8 months sick leave afer a botched hip operation here in Hong Kong and his young daughter had been diagnosed with asthma and would be on medicines for the forseeable future. His wife was receiving conselling for depression and had spent most of the last 12 months with her parents in YYZ. We discussed our relative house prices in Hong Kong and his had dropped 15% this year placing him close to zero equity IF the CX housing scheme continued. He faces financial ruin if it is altered in anyway or heaven forbid cancelled in the next 10 years. At the end of the evening I asked him again why CX and not Ac. His answer " the pay is better at CX".
Kindly, "unitedabx" engaged this young fellow trying, no doubt, to open his eyes and see the situation from a different perspective and sadly, with no success.. It is only too obvious the young man has ZERO critical thinking skills and appears to be blindly walking down a possibly very destructive path for all concerned.
Can't see the forest for the trees.

A journey many are making in HK that will not end well.. Sad.