PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 01:54
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fly757X

A few things on that... Stobart got 3 E195s from Flybe, not 175s.

The ER3/4s that Loganair have, have had their reverses deactivated from what I’ve heard due to the crews not being trained in them because of the low concentration of ER3/4s globally that have then anyway. Therefore I don’t believe they could operate there but I could be completely wrong there.
Thank you, very interesting , is that even safe to have an aircraft land minus reversers .
I'm no pilot but what of the Scenario, especially on Lewis with a wetter climate.
Plus as id said , I'm pretty sure it was mentioned about Sumburgh ( I'm assuming a 190/5 could get in there , as I was under the impression like many aircraft designs there is ac' short field package ' not to mention , Vagar was taking 737's before the extended runway. ( YouTube video for proof somewhere).

Anyway back to topic no reversers and what if the runway was soaked and high winds.
Surley just brakes alone would potentially cause a skid? Unless it's grooved and I can't see it being grooved at Stornoway as I think ( would have to check , but pretty sure it's as long if not longer than the likes of HUY, which takes 757's. Indeed years back a German 747 had to land there in an emergency .

But even so to disable a major safety system does not sound right.