PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 00:44
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGPO
I was wondering if someone would please answer a couple of questions for me, having read various posts , following the new 'Stornoway- Sen ' route, and that perhaps, Sumburgh or even Kirkwall as I saw was suggested on either this or another forum .

Anyway ref Stornoway, what are the flight times likely to be , it must be easily over an hour .

And can Sumburgh , which would be the next ' logical route ' , especially with all that Oil business , plus the positive effects of inbound tourism. could the Runway at Sumburgh support an ERJ45 ?

. Stornoway is clearly long enough , as Ryanair if anyone recalls tried to get a base there .I read that it was stopped by the Airport?.

Anyway I ask about Sumburgh as obviously it could handle an Embraer 170 ( could it handle a 175 ( I thought Stobart have them ).
Just I was always under the impression the E13/45 was not as runway effecient as the new ' E Jets '.
Also is the direct link from Manchester to Stornoway still running .

It would be a real boost to the local economy if it was .
I'm surprised they don't get more ' inbound flights , ( tourist flights - that offer tickets to locals).
I believe this is common in Eire and NQY And Exeter ?.

Sorry for the different questions but not being in the know about the subject, but having spent a lot of time on Lewis , this could be the start of more to come .
As not everyone relishes spending an age driving to ullapool and suffering the crossing of the Minch , no matter how good the new Calmac vessel is !.
A few things on that... Stobart got 3 E195s from Flybe, not 175s.

The ER3/4s that Loganair have, have had their reverses deactivated from what I’ve heard due to the crews not being trained in them because of the low concentration of ER3/4s globally that have then anyway. Therefore I don’t believe they could operate there but I could be completely wrong there.