PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you make it?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2003, 19:43
Squak2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this is a really good post. Its great to hear some good stories for a change and help to understand why we are all putting ourselves through this MADNESS.

I just finished college this May and I am 30 hours into my PPL (Exams Passed also) and I am working in a really well paid job in the City. The job is interesting, the people are great but im severely depressed! All I can say is that it pays for the Flying and I will out of there soon. I see it as a means to an end.

But this is life, I think about flying almost 100% of my day. My train into work is right on the Approach into Dublin and I sit and just think about "WHEN" that will be me. It quite strange, but I sometimes find myself thinking about what it will be like wearing the uniform for the first time. Its such an amazing feeling, its hard to explain.

I try not to get too upset in thinking why im not there now and how all the airlines are against me, but I’m just quietly confident
that the day will come, maybe later rather than sooner, but it will arrive. At least then I can say the years of hard work and pain and probably tears were form something!!!

This is why I love this forum so much, I tend to know how all the others are feeling and how i'm not alone.
Stay confident and stay focused.

Cheers,
John