PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 1st Mar 2019, 17:02
Coskun Yay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to everyone,

Let me introduce myself before start asking my questions.

I'm an Aussie living in Turkey (actually I'm here for 25 years, so I've lost my accent).
I graduated from university with a bachelor degree in Astronomy and Space Science so I don't think that I'll have any problems with maths and physics.
Happily married for 7 years and have a son 5 years old. I'm planning to bring them after I start working for REX.

Right now I'm in the selection process for Turkish Airlines. I've passed the first three stages (in 8 months) and two is left and its pretty damn hard. Let me tell you this way, if you get recruited by Turkish Airlines that means you have been chosen to be the best 500 in 140000 applicants (That number is only for 2018).

Now here comes my questions.
1) How long does the selection process take (From the application form filled to calling AAPA Campus our new home)? I know the steps between them but can't figure out roughly how long it would take.
2) How many cadets are planned to be recruited by REX for each intake?
3) It's says that "Working part-time is not allowed" so we have to fund ourselves for some time. I can't recall where but I read something about "Training Wage when starting Saab 340 training". Is that true?
4) Honestly asking how hard is the selection process (from 0 to 10)?
5) In the FAQ it says that "The duration of the Programme up to CPL with Multi-Engine Instrument Rating is based on 34 weeks." but on the forum I've read that some groups had been in training up to 61 weeks. Is that a general problem of the operational staff or was it for one time only?

I've got alot more to ask but I'd like to cut it short. Thanks for everyone who helped for the answers in advance.

Cheers