PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK unveils new next generation fighter jet, the 'Tempest'
Old 28th Feb 2019, 18:50
Buster15

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Donkey9871
As a former DDR signatory on all Bristol engines myself, I know whereof I speak. Your statement of the rules pertaining to DDRs is correct, however, those rules are not allways followed. This is probably not the time or place to cite examples which would support my statements, however, since the introduction of MRMS type contracts where RR bear the cost of repairs not the customer, the DDR system is definitelyy not working in the customers favour. My point is that it is my hope that UK MoD will ensure that future contracts either remove or severely restrict their use beyond the existing concurrence system.
Good. You are obviously talking from a position of knowledge.

I no longer work there but I was a bit concerned that someone was saying that RR was fitting rubbish on a public forum with no opportunity for the company to be able to respond.

Anyway. To the best of my knowledge, there was no instances of a concession or DDR part causing any subsequent problems.

Regarding MRMS, having been involved in the planning for this, use of the DDR process was taken into account during costing so the customer has benefited.
Don't ignore the usefulness of DDR's in the development of in service acceptance standards; something of direct benefit to the end user. How else do you think such limits would be arrived at.