PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 17:52
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=OzzyOzBorn;10402845]I departed MAN T3 for LHR on a BA Shuttle on the morning of 26th February, just hours before FFMAN posted his adverse comments about security there. I encountered no queue to speak of. No shouting. Staff were courteous. /QUOTE].

Wait a minute Ozzy, I can't let you get away with that.
Maybe instead of actually reading my post you read what you wanted to read in to it?
Where did I say there were huge queues? Where did I say there was shouting? Where did I say the staff were not courteous?
I was simply warning fellow travellers (including you!) of the need (Manchester only rules) to take out laptop chargers and put them in the tray - totally pointlessly of course. i thought that if people were prepared then it might save them a bit of time in the queue.
But then you've been to every airport on earth in the last 6 months and therefore know everything - so no point telling you. I think I have met you ...or someone like you. Most people have.
Plus if you had read my previous comments on security you might have noticed that I don't even give MAN the accolade of 'most shouty airport' - that usually goes to the main US gateway airports.

What I don't like about Manchester security (and I think this is pretty unique) is the implied threat to severely delay you if your bags gets pulled - whether it's your fault of the fault of a novice screen reader not being savvy enough to know what they've seen. I suspect this threat is an intentional policy of intimidation. Security is supposed to be a service to the customers of the airlines that are the customers of the airport. We are not supposed to be the enemy as it often feels at MAN.

Manchester has it's issues for sure - it's a pretty terrible passenger experience all round. Others describe it well and it's the airport I recognize rather than the rose tinted view you have presented. We have to to take account of the time of day too; at some times of the day it's bearable, other times unbearable - are you sure you're not referencing Manchester NH?