PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 28th Feb 2019, 14:30
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VerdunLuck

A further point that I cannot quite get my head around is the idea that he got a PPL in 2014 (I have been told) and somehow accumulated 3700 hours dropping parachutists. That is over 900 hours a year; hard work in any environment and surely impossible parra dropping (and when did he do his pipe fitting job?). ..... Perhaps a zero got added at some point?
I cannot imagine someone giving the keys of a Malibu to a 59 years old having made his PPL 5 years ago with only 370 hours to make an international flight across the channel.. I think if there is a typo somewhere is on the PPL date ..

and as to the discussion on his Night qualification ,something I do not get, on a PPL that qualification is written ( printed) on the EASA licence , so the CAA must have the entry on their data base. If as suggested here he did not have it, then his flight was from the start operated unlawfully and most probably the insurance will not cover the aircraft as well.

Last edited by ATC Watcher; 28th Feb 2019 at 14:40.