PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 28th Feb 2019, 12:48
VerdunLuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by meleagertoo
Our Mr Ibbotson is beginning to look like a complete cowboy with no scruples and not a shred of interest in complying with any law or regulation that he finds inconvenient.
To be fair (ish), I can see how he got himself into this. He probably agreed to do the flight expecting it to be a nice little daylight flight there and back. The sun was probably shining when he was asked and it all sounded fine. From then on it probably went downhill in stages until it was completely beyond his ability or experience. His fault lay in not realising when it was beyond him and/or not saying NO. A pressurising factor could well be that (and I am assuming that he was paying part of the cost) he might end up paying a lot his money for his decision.

A further point that I cannot quite get my head around is the idea that he got a PPL in 2014 (I have been told) and somehow accumulated 3700 hours dropping parachutists. That is over 900 hours a year; hard work in any environment and surely impossible parra dropping (and when did he do his pipe fitting job?). It took me 14 years to get to that number of hours which including at least 6 years in full time flying jobs. Perhaps a zero got added at some point?