PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 09:37
GavinC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbine70
That some random Billy in the world's 53rd busiest airport can make up their own standards for this stuff is a simple indication that it really isn't all that important. It isn't like we're discussing anything fundamental like road signs or drug safety standards, or so many other things that can actually kill people if we don't get them just right.

I would suggest taking your laptop charger out and putting it on a tray.

It seems far more proportionate than changing your travel plans.
I'm sorry but that's simply not true. The experience at MAN does put people off, particularly at T3 where regional flights compete with other modes and the MAN issues are at there worst.

For example, i've been to Glasgow a number of times recently. My instinct is to fly and the cost is comparable to the train if not better. I did fly once and my experience was as follows - get train to airport, fine. Walk to T3 from station, ok but outside. Security - shouty, aggressive, long queues, don't look at your phone! get everything out, use more trays. Unpleasant. Get into Terminal - Nowhere to sit, barely anywhere to stand, queues at all of the bars and shops. Unpleasant.

So i got the train most of the time and FlyBe missed out on the money i wanted to give them.

For what it's worth, there were no queues for security at GLA on the way back, nor were there queues when i flew to Glasgow from London City recently or back from Belfast City either. At all three airports i carried my same work gear and at all three i was able to use fewer trays and was not shouted at.

Lets also not forget that many of MAN's passengers will have a choice of airports depending on where they are going. That could be LPL, BHX or even LHR for some destinations.

MAN (T3) puts people off and the airport need to address it.

Last edited by GavinC; 28th Feb 2019 at 10:27.