PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insomnia
Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 04:16
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did realize how much my sleeping patterns were damaged when i was forced to take three months off work. After about a month i was able to sleep through the night for the first time in years. Thereafter i did try the sleep hygiene thing, although it was rather about having a fixed pattern of behaviour in the hours before sleep, assuring i was not interrupted by outside influences (difficult with a family) and calling in fatigue for every unhealthy roster pairing.

Still suffered some sleep problems though, which kinda cured itself by joining a carrier with a fixed roster pattern, five earlies (easy for me as a morning person), three off, five late (hard for me) and four off, rinse repeat. No night flights. To have a few days to shift my sleeping pattern between blocks really helped, as well as being in either early or late mode for a whole block of duties. Exercise, if at all possible outside, reducing my alcohol intake as well as trying not to get stressed about stuff i have no influence over seems to help.