PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will Nepal Learn
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2019, 00:20
peely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no judge or jury I can assure you. What I do know from first hand experience is that Nepal has a poor flight safety record, pays lip service to safety generally and this combined with local culture, puts many flights at a higher risk level. Due to the seniority of of the passengers CAAN will give this investigation a higher priority than normal to establish the facts so none of us will have to wait that long for the official verdict.

Lets look at some some known facts. 7 POB at just under 13,000’ at approximately ISA plus 10. Taking the standard pax weights used there and straight line fuel back to KTM means he would be IGE just with about 15 kg spare. No OGE. Straight line requires minimum of 15,000’ if you can see the terrain so I strongly suggest he would need to go south initially and refuel at a small airfield. The straight line fuel would just get him to the refuel airfield by going south but it would be tight. Weather very poor with heavy rain lower and snow above both confirmed by local witness and offical Met reports. Rescue helicopter sent to the area turned around due to poor weather.

Fly safe always.