PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 27th Feb 2019, 08:01
Seagull201

Originally Posted by log0008
Does anyone know if Diploma's can be credited towards an E3 Visa requiring less work experience? I hold 3 Diplomas, a Cert 4 and 5 years working in aviation?

Somewhere I read that it relates to the time taken to get each, 1 Diploma was 18 months full time the others about 5-6 months. All aviation related.
I have read your post a while ago and noticed nobody has properly answered your question(s).

The answer is a big fat NO!

**To get an E3 visa, you need a bachelor degree, in an aviation related field (check with the airline you're applying for), & 3 years, aviation work related experience, as a pilot.
OR 12 years work experience, in the aviation field, as a pilot.

I have checked the University aviation degrees on offer, around the country, and they are all VIRTUALLY integrated, WITH a flying training course.

For a person that HASN'T got an aviation bachelor degree, BUT is working in the aviation industry, as a pilot (charter or instructor), the ONLY ONLINE degree, that I CAN SEE, that's available to study, is at the University of Central Qld/Online/Bachelor of Aviation (Flight Operations) Degree.

**It's a 3 years full time course, or 6 years part-time, or you could possibly do,year 1 full time, year's 2 and 3 part-time, over 4 years.
It looks like a great course, have to know, some, so called aviation physics, the first year, year 2 is, CPL subjects, year 3, ATPL subjects & Multi Crew Co-Op.

To do the above, it will cost, & you have to have the MOTIVATION & APPETITE, to study the PPL/CPL/ATPL/subjects & exams AGAIN.
Credit is given to PPL BAK/IR qualifications, and OTHER subjects passed over 80 per cent (how i read things).

ALL the US regionals are advertising for OZ pilots that are E3 ELIGIBLE.

If a PERSON apply's for an E3 visa, WITHOUT, the degree & 3 years experience, OR WITHOUT, 12 years aviation experience, THEN, THEY, are putting themselves in a difficult position OR, THEY are rolling the dice & paying the price.

I know what i would do.

I gamble, BUT wouldn't take a gamble on the E3, IF i didn't qualify.
Others have gambled & won!!!