PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 27th Feb 2019, 06:15
Eutychus

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShropshirePilot
Eutychus (...) Certainly if I lived on an island, had a plane and flew it a lot, I'd want to fill the seats whether for a contribution or not BUT only with people that I knew and knew well.
Sure. I'm asking because I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that almost all of the flights I took were for the sole purpose of bringing pax (on all occasions, the aircraft flew out empty to get us and flew back empty immediately after returning us to our point of departure) and serious doubts, in view of what I've learned on this thread, as to their legality. On another occasion there were two pax (plus the pilot's spouse) on an N-registered Piper that had, as I understand it, made a stopover on a longer journey via our pickup airport for the sole purpose of picking us up. There was no common purpose whatsoever with the pilot and their spouse (who we did not know from Adam) apart from us all wanting to arrive on the same island. I would have thought this was pretty obvious to ground staff but nobody in the CI, or in France, seemed to find it odd.