PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Mainline
Thread: SAS Mainline
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2019, 22:52
anderse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Life on top
Be aware if you are seeking job in Scandiland, they have already hired 300 new pilots since 2013 so the way to the right seat is a long one. I believe it will be direct entry captains before the newest pilots gets their upgrade due to the low level of experience of the pilots joining now. But that is still at least 5-10 years away and only a good guess of mine as they are quite commited to the senority list as of now.
Originally Posted by Life on top
As you say, SAS have hired 300 new pilots since 2013. But you also forget that SAS did not employ a single pilot between 2001 and 2013. There is a huge gap in the demography, and there is expected that approximately 900 of the current 1600 pilots will retire the next ten years in SAS. It's impossible to say how long to get an upgrade, but it will for sure be a quick upgrade for anyone who want to work and live in Scandinavia - if they start now!

https://www.nrk.no/norge/trenger-hun...mer-1.14019104
– De siste tre til fire årene har SAS rekruttert om lag 300 piloter. Men på grunn av stor pensjonsavgang trenger vi mellom 100–150 piloter årlig fra 2020, sier Knut Morten Johansen, kommunikasjonsdirektør i SAS. Det betyr at SAS i løpet av de neste ti årene trenger mellom 1000 og 1500 piloter, bare på grunn av pensjonsavgang. I tillegg kommer piloter for å ekspandere, påpeker Johansen.