PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson on the Beeb BA Bashing
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2003, 15:00
aviate1138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fernytickles said......
I have to agree with the comments regarding the start of the thread re-BA bashing - didn't BA do a little bit of Virgin bashing not so long ago? For all his faults, Branson manages not to take himself too seriously - I liked the picture of him trying out for the Birdman of Bognor - and is always game for a challenge (especially if it promotes his company!).

Aviate1138 adds.....
Remember the BA diatribe when RB aquired some 747's, how he wouldn't last more than a year or two? At least he wasn't obsessed with buying Boeing for every route. So he is gauche and he is a bit wierd when women are around but he has put his money where his mouth is and although he never misses a trick for Virgin publicity he would make Concorde work - given the right financial and spares setting. The French never liked operating Concorde and dumped it asap. History is going to see Concorde as one of the Golden Girls of Transport despite any minor gripes over noise and cost. I would give RB a chance but it has passed the point of no return.
I have the same dull ache as when I heard about the cancellation of the TSR2.
Such a waste.

Aviate 1138

PS With all the spares available couldn't we keep one on a permit to fly and display at Airshows and UK events? Brit engineering at its best.