PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Feb 2019, 16:12
deltafox44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vanHorck
It makes for painful reading. The track and altitudes suggest to me a possible scenario of spatial disorientation (the Kennedy accident springs to mind) , perhaps due to IMC conditions, unless he decided to turn back to land at an alternate? 180 degrees turn to the right, a climb prior to the crash. I hope they will find the iPad and perhaps recover data from it.

I am happy the AAIB seems to also be looking into the legislative part of the flight.

I am also happy the AAIB have confirmed for non commercial on an N register an equal part cost sharing and common purpose are required. No ambiguity here! EASA should in my view adopt the same common purpose for cost sharing.
The last 30 seconds show a tight 180° turn to the right and a 2500' descent. This is neither a turn to land nor an engine failure, it can only be a disorientation, a pilot attack, or a stall/spin due to icing.