PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Times....They Are A-changing!
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2019, 11:13
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
The Times....They Are A-changing!

A Federal Judge in Texas has ruled the US Conscription (Draft) Law Un-Constitutional.

His Decision was based upon the fact that Women are not subject to the Draft Law which requires all Men to register for the Draft at age Eighteen.

The Decision is more symbolic than anything as there is no Conscription underway and has not been for many Years due to the US Military being all volunteer.

I have mixed emotions about Women in Combat but that is now the Law of the Land due to our Liberal Friends passing laws in Congress that forced the Military to adapt that policy.

As we are seeing a Manning Problem (poor choice of words I know) in the Military overall.....especially for Pilots and aircraft maintenance personnel....I wonder how this will play out in the future.

If this law has to be re-written it shall be very interesting to see how those on the Left react when they realize their Daughters run the risk of being called up for military service in a combat situation.

Personally, I like the idea of amending the law to include Women and Men to register.....and serve.

Equal protection and liability under the law seems fair to me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...al/2968872002/