PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 24th Feb 2019, 13:11
FuturePilot6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone

I am 20 years old and I am going to start pursuing my dream when I get my class 1 medical issued. I have decided to go modular, the aviation business seems to be good and stable (if brexit doesn't affect anything in EASA). I have the funds to do integrated, but after all I decided to go modular mostly because of the price, the flexibility and opportunity to start with flying than theory.

I'll start PPL in Southern Spain, after that hour building (110ish PIC) and ATPL theory full time. After this, I've planned to do the CPL ME/IR in Sweden, Diamond Flight Academy and after getting these licenses, APS MCC probably in SKY4U in Berlin. My dream would be RYR/SunExpress or even Norwegian if they have low hour pilot jobs available at that time. Modular can also be done in a quicker pace than in some integrated ones and in every integrated program I've seen, they start with the theory. In my opinion, it is better to start with flying and during the theory it is also important to fly to "maintain" the motivation.

I hope to hear some opinions about my "route" to the flight deck and also some other schools which are as good as (or better than) DFA in Sweden and APS MCC.

FuturePilot6