PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter FlightSims
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2003, 06:47
ptwaugh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question B206B III Rotor Info Needed

Hi again,

I know the blade has 5 degrees of twist to even out the lift with the difference between the root and tip speed. This leads to the obvious question (since I'm modeling the sucker) of what the pitch of the blade is with zero collective, ie what is the root's cord angle of attack at zero collective?

Also, how far can the collective pitch the blades?

Also, as the rotor system is underslung with 2.25 degress of pre-coning, (I guess this means each blade up from the level), how far can the rotor disk "tilt" with full cyclic?

I'm also guessing that the blades only pitch so much, so maybe a better way for me to understand it is how much can a blade pitch max, given a max collective and max cyclic deflection.

Finally, after reading alot on the net about underslund rotors, I'm understanding now (I hope) how it is setup on the 206. I'm guessing by what I have read, that on the 206, the rotor head maintains a constant cone on the blades, and just moves about the trunion to allow the 'cone' to tilt and this eliminates the need for leading and lagging as there is no change in distance of the tips to center of mass with this teeter.

Thanks for any information,

Patrick