PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX announces HK$2.3 billion profit for 2018
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 17:05
Asturias56

Received 362 Likes on 211 Posts
regretfully you are correct in almost every detail....................

When 50 million Indonesians or 200 million Chinese join the middle-class they all want to fly places - they don't give a stuff about "image" or history or your pay packet and historical benifit packages

Same in Europe when a bunch of 20 year olds go out they used to go to maybe London - now they want to fly to Riga. All they care about is PRICE

Reading this forum a lot of people at CX seem to stuck in a time warp - the management are no doubt a bunch of chiseling b****** but that's about par for the course these days everywhere in every industry. One thing I am sure of this that they understand the customers a lot better than the posters above do. They are (probably desperately) trying to avoid becoming an Alitalia, Gulf Air, Monarch or a TWA .

I'm sorry but that's the real world and that is what you are up against - you don't like it (and I don't like it for the record) but there is absolutely nothing you can do - the economic and social forces are far far bigger than a few Directors at CX