PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 20:00
IsDon01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by engine out
Even as a commuter you will be expected to be in base on standby (there is a clause in the EBA allowing you to be out of base at company discretion). I’m not a Perth SO but I would imagine if a junior blank line holder you could expect 20+ Days standby in a roster if there’s no trips to do.

Before a trip they want you there 24hrs before departure, and at least one SO has been stood down for arriving too close to departure. Flights can be quite full and sometimes cancelled so always leave plenty of time to get to Perth and be adequately rested.
Not correct.

I’m a 787 F/O. I pax to PER from my home in SYD on the afternoon of the departure. When the flight arrives from LHR I pax straight through to SYD. There are no formal restrictions on this. I’ve even used the ALTPAX capability to achieve the above.

If your based on the East coast for a LHR flight, you will spend 48hrs in the company hotel before operating. Note this is not a commuter based in PER, this is someone based on the East coast

As for the S/O purportedly stood down for operating on the day, I call BS on that. I’d suggest he probably got there late for call.

Slip in LHR is now 50 odd hours. Recently reduced from 74 hours.

There is a crew commuter house in Redcliffe for $65/night which works well for standbys etc.

My quickest turnaround between London trips has been two days.

Last edited by IsDon01; 22nd Feb 2019 at 21:25.