PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Budget QF Airline & Recruitment (merged)
Old 24th Oct 2003, 04:54
SydGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks PP that is great info!

However now I'm a tad confused.
You said L/H were going to use shortlisters as per their recruitment and also MAM shortlisted casuals. This I'm a bit confused about, are you talking about the shortlisters from the recruitment drive around a year or so ago? If so, then aren't they on the shortlist for the shorthaul division? I was of the understanding that the recruitment for short and longhaul was done slightly differently (please correct me if this is not so).

Also, MAM casuals are also part of the shorthaul division, so I still am not getting how they are going to become part of longhaul.

You later mentioned that there will be no external permanent recruitment for up to 2 years "only mam crew, who will work there way into fulltime positions as they become available." - if MAM crew (who are technically employed by a labour hire company) are made permanent, then doesn't that construe external permanent recruitment? Just need to check on that detail for our QFLink colleagues who are concerned about their progression (or lack thereof) rights.

Not meaning to interrogate you, but obviously this LCC will have a huge effect on new and current employees alike, so any detail is most appreciated.

SG