PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still want more productivity CX?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2019, 00:27
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul852
So please enlighten me on the net reduction in routes and frequencies in, say, the last 6 months, because they are invisible to me by normal means.
They don't publicise it but it does happen allot. Many times my roster changes to reflect cancelled flights. My Taipei split was changed to min rest due cancel and consolidate onto another flight. There by saving one set of crew to be utilized somewhere else. Regional flight cancellation is a great way to free up crew resources look at both Singapore and bkk flights too. Medium haul to a lesser degree but it does happen like 4 flights a day to Sydney sees regularly one of those flights cancelled saving a 3man crew in the same way. Same with Melbourne and Perth for a while saw a whole number of flight changes cancellations and consolidating. All these things without regular cancellation is a good way to keep slots alive but reduce manpower needed. It's transparent to the ignorant but to those who regularly fly those routes or the ground staff in Port it becomes obvious. The propaganda machine would rather show that flights are not reduced in the usual smoke and mirrors way of fooling the minions and the regulatory authorities. You have obviously been fooled.