PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2019, 19:06
RHSandLovingIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pizza4231
I'm pretty certain you don't pay the full 150K upfront, you most likely pay it in installments, just like when studying at a university (which is part of the cadetship), you also have the potential to get FEE-HELP from the government (I think they'll loan you around 100k).
Unfortunately, if I remember correctly... roger7060 only has Australian Permanent Residency, not citizenship.

From the J* Cadetship booklet (available here: https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/career...vs5-sept18.pdf )
Is financial assistance available?
It is expected that any Australian citizen admitted into the Jetstar Ab Initio Cadet Program and Associate Degree will be eligible for FEE-HELP. Australian Permanent Residents and New Zealand citizens are not eligible for FEE-HELP.

FEE-HELP is a loan available to eligible students to cover the Tuition Fee up to the maximum FEEHELP loan limit. A maximum lifetime FEE-HELP loan limit applies; in 2018 the FEE-HELP loan limit is $102,392. The Associate Degree of Aviation has a total estimated cost of $149,014 of which $102,392 (2018 Loan Limit) can be offset with the FEE-HELP loan.

This means that students must meet upfront $32,793 of university tuition fees plus the $13,829 for expected additional expenses listed above. This gives an estimated total upfront cost which will not be covered by FEE-HELP of $46,622 (Students who may already have an accumulated HECS debt may incur additional costs)
Also, this course is designed to take 18 months, so it isn't spread over multiple years like a "normal" university course would be... the wording in the booklet would suggest all fees need to be paid upfront.

Might pay to contact CAE and have a chat with them... better to get the information direct from the horses mouth:
Who can I contact for more information?
CAE Web: www.cae.com/jetstar/
Phone: 03 8587 3900