PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 20th Feb 2019, 18:29
RHSandLovingIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roger7060
Thank you for responding. Much appreciated.
Do you have any idea on how much it costs for CPL? Are you TR as well?
I did all my training in NZ... and did my flight training 10 years ago. No idea of current pricing here, let along what they are in AUS... but I'd guess "Lots"™

You can probably make an educated guess by taking an hourly rate and multiplying by the minimum hours for a CPL... then factor in some more for ancillary costs (exams+textbooks, maps, landing fees etc.). Contact some of the flying schools and ask for some numbers, they generally have rough numbers (at least for a PPL)... and the good ones will tell you that is the minimum you can expect to pay.

Personally, although I've never sat down and counted it all, I'm sure all the money I spent on PPL (+exams), CPL (+exams), Initial issue MEIR (+exams), MEIR renewals and medicals over the years would put me easily into six figures.

TR? I didn't pay for my type rating before getting hired if that is what you're asking... the company provided all the training.