PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around Procedures UK
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2003, 02:33
LateLandingClearance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would hope that any controller worth their salt would, on hearing the aircraft announce it's go-around, come back after a suitable time to issue instructions of what is required.

i.e. a/c calls going around - controller responds "roger, climb straight ahead, maintain 3000ft".

Fair enough, it's only telling the pilot (in an IFR missed approach situation) what he already knows and has briefed, but a small reminder at a busy time saves the crew having the extra worry of what you are expecting of them. Also removes the uncertainty from the original scenario where Oxford1G would be wondering what to do (not meaning to single you out as someone that wouldn't be prepared for this Oxford )

When all's said and done, I'd go back to an ATC often used phrase - I'd rather you asked me if you were unsure of what I want you to do, rather than assuming or guessing something - we really don't mind as it's in everyones interest

Similarly to popup, I've never heard of a visual contact approach and if a pilot mentioned it to me, I'd not know what to expect from him or what he was expecting from me Not a nice situation to be in.