PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF to Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2003, 02:25
Mike Blackburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to AF

Just a quick report back. Yes, as predicted theflight CDG-JNB (AF990) was on a native AF744. I wanted to say that this was one of the best flights I have had, had never flown AF before, and have been very impressed.

Excellent service, comfortable seats, pretty air hostesses (sorry, politically incorrect) and generally competent. Virgin Atlantic has nothing on Air France. DOes anyone know what the seat pitch is in ir France Economy, felt very spacious, and seat seemed wider than Virgin's.

Complements to the crew on handling a crazy chap who was being eported back to South Africa because he tried to enter France without a visa/passport! This goon shouted and screamed at the back of economy for 45 minutes on the ground at CDG, accompanied by two rather large Gendarmes, but the crew was completely unfussed, and did everything they could to reassure the other passengers. (he quietened down after t/o, thank goodness).

I will now try to fly air france whenever possible, the routing through Paris was worth it (I flew LHR-CDG-JNB). Don't see mucgh about Air France on PPRUNE, heartily recommend them as a viable alternative to the BA/VS/SA triopoly on th LHR-JNB Route. (And I'm a Saffa!!!)