PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simple question on old 747SP incident...
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2019, 13:15
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4 Holer
Lead you were probably flying RR power a different animal to the JT9-7AH with a mind of its own if the bleeds are off or water/ice in the EVC vain control up and down and power shift all day long.
4 Holer,
Gee, thanks for that, didn't notice that the SPs I was flying had Rollers- I will pay more attention next time.

Seriously, if you took the trouble to read the actual accident report, perhaps ( I don't know your real aviation experience, if any) you would realise that what happened --- IN LOSING CONTROL ---- had nothing to do with what engines were fitted, a 747SP with Rollers would have done the same thing.

They were all head down, frigging around with "THE PROBLEM", nobody flying the aeroplane.

And, by the way, I have plenty of time nursing various JT-9 from the -3A through various iterations of the -7, up to the JT-9D-7RE, including quite a bit of relevant hands-on "experience" of the bleed system, also the behavior of the HP fuel pumps and the results for the VIGV controllers.

As a consequence, I much preferred the CF6/80-C2 in the various thrust ratings I used it.

Tootle pip!!