PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 20th Feb 2019, 00:01
roger7060

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RHSandLovingIt
AFAIK, WOMBAT and PAT and COMPASS et al, are usually reserved for "cadet" type courses where the applicant will generally have "zero" flying hours... They generally won't have access to a proper sim (due costs etc), so the company has no way to determine your ability to fly. Because of this they resort to these very artificial tests to try and gauge your hand-eye co-ordination and multi-tasking abilities.

Once you have a CPL, MEIR (and/or TR) your ability to fly has already been proven... and instead of applying for cadetships, you're applying for First Officer roles (that might include a Type Rating)... these interviews generally involve a Sim check, as opposed to the WOMBAT/PAT/COMPASS etc.

That one failure was just a snapshot of your performance on one day... It also doesn't mean you can't ever apply for another job and try the test again. Treat it as a learning experience and keep moving forward. You now know what it is all about, and will be better prepared next time.

Note that I got my CPL (self funded) at the age of 35 back in 2010... I just got checked to line on a twin turboprop at a regional airline yesterday, at the age of 43... don't lose hope mate!
Thank you for responding. Much appreciated.
Do you have any idea on how much it costs for CPL? Are you TR as well?