PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2019, 16:14
BAladdy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134
Anyone know if there will be any expansion this year, also will Loganair be adding extra capacity as they have the aircraft from the BMI shut down?
I don’t think we will see any additional capacity this summer from EDI. They are only planning to add around half of the aircraft operated by BM to there fleet.

LM are currently offering ex BM flight and cabin crew the chance to apply for positions LM’s existing bases at Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness and Norwich. They are also advertising for crew for new bases at Bristol, Chester, East Midlands, Newcastle and Londonderry

https://www.loganair.co.uk/recruitment-drive/

I am guessing that the recruitment of crew to be based at BRS and CEG means that LM are expecting to take over the Airbus corporate shuttle. They must also be confident that they are going to be awarded the LDY PSO since they are recruiting for a base in LDY.

Personally I think you will only see LM add 1 additional ER3 and 8 ER4’s to the fleet over the coming weeks. Taking the total to 11. With LM basing 2 ER3’s at NWI, 2 ER4’s at ABZ and 1 ER4 at BRS, CEG, EMA, GLA, INV, LDY and NCL.