PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 19th Feb 2019, 02:03
KRviator

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by roger7060
So I went through the WOMBAT test at Mascot Rex office today. Within 2 hours after completing my assessment I received an email from Rex recruitment that I have failed my assessment!
Saying that I am heart broken will be an understatement. It feels like end of the world. I am 36 and this was my only chance of achieving my childhood dream. I understand the general opinion about Rex cadet program but keeping my financial position and age in mind it felt like only reasonable option. There is no way I can afford a CPL and type rating by self finance route.

I am so disappointed in myself. I have been a failure all my life and the trend continues. I am sure that I am the only soul on this planet earth who failed a WOMBAT test.

Before I sign off for good, I would like to Thank the fellow members for taking time out and answering to my queries.
Happy Flying.
Don't stress too much about not making the grade with Rex. I wanted to be a pilot since going to primary school in Toowoomba across the road the airport and seeing Guido's collection, even going so far as doing the Loadmaster thing on Hercs. Now I am glad I didn't continue on to make a career out of it! 14 years ago, I got a job in an industry I enjoy just as much as aviation, and earn enough to have built my own plane that allows me to fly where I want, when I want with who I want - and I don't have to deal with the buffoons at the security checkpoint every day just to get to my office....