PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Community service flights new rules
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2019, 13:25
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill Pike
This waffle about "charter maintenance standards" etc reminds of a conversation I once had with Roger Verney of Scone Air Maintenance many years ago. I owned and flew a Cessna 185 and said to Roger that if he felt that any additional safety benefit came with being maintained to "charter standards" I would be happy if he did so.
"Bill," he said "I do all and any maintenance that in my opinion the aircraft under my care require . I don't have a separate set of spanners for airline aircraft you know.. All you are missing out on are piles of unnecessary bull**** and paperwork."
Thank You Roger
Bill,

After all these years, you must have learned how to clean, gap and replace spark plugs to the more safe "air transport" standard, instead of the "ordinary" standard. Likewise how to check and top up the oil to "air transport" standards, obviously "much safer" (isn't it??) than just topping up the oil. Or the "air transport" more safe daily inspection, as opposed to the MM/Schedule 5 Daily.

Seriously, the lack of aviation operational expertise in CASA does not stop at the DAS/CEO. Check some of the other senior exec. bios.

Tootle pip!!